Character Design (Animation)

So I had to create two different moving characters for my animation. In order for me to animate the character, I had to create all joints of the body into seperate layers and then go into the layers if I wanted to add more detail to the character.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 02.14.56

As you can see, all components or the character have been arranged into separate layers ready to animate.

The aesthetic choice for my character was  inspired by gender-neutral styles. I gave the character a red harrington style jacket which has became fashionable during the 1960’s and worn by mods and skinheads. In the modern age, it has lost its most of its subculture background and has become part of mainstream fashion.

Skinny jeans have also become a gender-neutral choice of clothing, worn by both men and women.

I chose to give the hair character a short hair style because short hair is generally thought of as androgynous.

overall I wanted to create a character that could relate to both genders.

I kept the assets the same for the police officer, but I aesthetically changed the character to more resemble a police officer. I gave the character blonde hair and blue eyes, a white shirt and a stab-proof vest with a ‘POLICE’ patch to communicate to the audience that this character is a police officer. I also reflected the character so that I could animate him coming from the other side of the screen.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 02.57.32